Domoto Nursery 1892
In 1892 the Domoto Bros. moved from their original nursery on 3rd St. to a larger plot of land on Central Ave. (55th Ave.) and E.14th St. in Oakland. The Domoto Nursery continued to grow throughout the 1890s, doubling in size in 1894 when the Domotos purchased the neighboring plot of land. In 1902 the Domoto Nursery once again outgrew its location and the Domotos purchased a larger tract of land at the foot of the Oakland hills. The 55th Ave. nursery continued to operate during the transition until 1913.