M. Yokota Nursery
Masao and Yuriko Yokota began the M. Yokota Nursery at 467 Marina Blvd. in San Leandro in 1946. Over the years the Yokotas expanded their business, eventually buying the Wada Nursery next door. With the help of daughter Agnes Masuda, the M. Yokota Nursery continued to operate on Marina Blvd. and were the last rose growers in Alameda County when they finally shut down in 2001.